The hoodie is an American classic, but it is finally finding its way into the fashion world. Hoodies are everywhere, from high-end designers to fast food chains. While this article discusses some of the best ways to style anti social club hoodie in a fashionable way, I will also cover how even low-cost clothing can be elevated by knowledge of styling tips and tricks.
What Is A Hoodie?
A hoodie is essentially just a sweatshirt with a hood attached to the neck area. This makes them very soft on your face when pulled up over your head, while still being able to keep warm. Many people wear their sweatshirts with the front pouch pocket over their stomachs or waists because they contain useful items such as their phone, wallet, and keys.
What Is A Hoodie Made Of?
Hoodies can be made of cotton, silk, and even denim (although the latter is not recommended for this use). If you want to invest in a quality hoodie that will last for many years and elevate your style while keeping you warm in the colder months, choose 100 percent cotton. This material is the most comfortable and breathes well so it doesn’t feel too heavy when worn. The one downside of cotton hoodies is that if they get wet from rain or sweat, they will begin to smell really bad after a few days if not washed. Cotton also wrinkles easily so it may need to be steamed wearing out to a special event.
What Makes A Great Hoodie?
When shopping for hoodies, it’s important to know what makes a great one. First, look for something made of cotton with good stitching around the zipper and pockets. Second, make sure there is some stretch to the fabric in order to make it comfortable to wear while allowing movement. Third, opt for an oversize hoodie that you can pull down past your rear when wearing it in public in case your fly is open or if you are worried about having food in your teeth after eating lunch. Also consider purchasing a crew neck rather than a V-neck because they’re both more flattering on the body and won’t show too much cleavage if worn without another shirt underneath. Lastly, look at the stitching of the seams on the exterior to ensure they are all straight and there is no fraying or loose threads.
Different Hoodie Styles and How to Wear Them
Hoodies come in many different styles, colors, patterns, and fabrics. They can be worn over a dress for going out at night or paired with leggings during the day. Here are some great ways to style a hoodie:
1) The Classic Look-
Pair a solid gray or white cotton hoodie with skinny jeans and either knee-high boots or riding boots for a look that’s stylish while also warming you up if it’s cold outside.
2) Under A Vest Or Jacket- You can wear any type of hoodie under another article of comme des garçons clothing such as a blazer or vest. Although this look is considered more casual, it’s still possible to style dark jeans and riding boots underneath the hoodie for a chic ensemble that will keep you warm in colder months.
3) Over A Dress- If you want to look fashionable while staying warm on a cool evening, pair a black cotton dress with knee-high riding boots and an oversized hoodie. Use the pockets of the hoodie to hold your necessities and tie the arms around your waist so it rests over your dress without falling off and showing curves on top of the flat silhouette of the dress.
4) Casual Friday Style- It’s important on casual Fridays at work not to wear sweatpants but instead create an outfit that is comfy yet stylish. For a feminine take on the sweatshirt, pair a gray silk hoodie with dark leggings and either riding boots or ankle booties. Opt for a black v-neck shirt underneath in case you need to undo your top button from being too tight when reaching up to get something from your purse or off of a shelf at work. If it gets chilly, simply add a blazer over the ensemble so you don’t have to walk outside without one if it’s windy.
5) Matching With Your Partner- Some people like wearing matching outfits with their partner such as wearing an identical plaid flannel shirt and pants set while sporting coordinating moccasin slippers. It can be fun and adorable but can also get a little boring after wearing the same thing every day for a week. Break up the monotony by wearing different articles of clothing that coordinate together such as a gray hoodie and plaid flannel shirt with dark wash jeans, riding boots or booties, and coordinating moccasin slippers. Wear your hair down in loose waves to complete the effortless look that’s perfect for any casual event or just running errands around town.
Hoodie Accessories To Add Interest To Your Look
When adding accessories to your outfit they should not take away from your clothes but instead help enhance them without looking too bulky. For example, if you are wearing an oversized olive green cotton hoodie with riding boots, add simple silver hoop earrings rather than large statement earrings that would take away from the casual look. Instead of wearing bracelets, opt for a scarf to tie around your waist or neck if it’s cold outside. For an edgier look, try wearing a short leather jacket over your hoodie instead of something like moccasin slippers which are not appropriate for all settings.
When To Wear Cotton Hoodies And When To Avoid Them
There are times when you should avoid wearing cotton hoodies and other times when they’re fine to wear. If you want to keep warm but don’t want to wear anything too bulky then choose a cotton hoodie on cooler days or evenings or if you know there will be no one else around who might see the fabric clinging to your body in unflattering ways. However, if you are heading to a public place where there will be other people or plan on being active outside then avoid wearing cotton altogether. Instead opt for an acrylic blend hoodie that is less likely to cling to your body and show any bumps underneath the fabric.
How To Wash Cotton Hoodies Outfits
When it’s time to wash your outfit take off pieces of clothing one piece at a time so they don’t get mixed up inside the washer or dryer. If you have multiple cotton pieces being washed together, use mesh laundry bags so each article of clothing gets cleaned evenly against the others without snagging any zippers or getting caught on buttons which could ruin the fit of your clothes over time.
- Put your hoodie inside a mesh bag and wash them together on the delicate cycle.
- Hang to dry or put in the dryer on air fluff or no heat, whichever setting is available so you don’t damage the fibers of the cotton material.
- If adding vinegar to your laundry before drying it can help get rid of any smells that might be lingering after washing and drying then add half a cup to soften water and prevent static cling while putting your clothes in the dryer.
4-5) When taking care of cotton hoodies by hand washing them, use cold water instead of warm water because using hot water can shrink your clothes up to two sizes if you too long or add too much detergent.
6-7-8) Never use bleach on cotton hoodies because it can permanently ruin the color and fade away your design. If there is a stain, use dish soap to get rid of the problem instead. Finally, always make sure cotton clothes are completely dry before storing them or they might start to mildew which gives clothes an unpleasant musty smell.