Your mouth is the gateway to your entire body. So after commanding attention with your appearance, you also need to speak with confidence. Sadly, some people lack this confidence. This is not because they don’t know what to say or how to say it, but because of a compromise existing in their oral health.
To maintain your oral health, brushing your teeth with fluoride-containing toothpaste morning and night is the most recommended practice. And that is the foundation of good oral health. Other essential lifestyle practices you need to imbibe are listed below:
- Consuming a well-balanced diet low in free sugars and high in fruit and vegetables and favoring water as the main drink.
- Avoiding the use of any forms of tobacco, which also include chewing of areca nuts.
- Reducing alcohol intake.
- Reduction of the risk of facial injury by using protective equipment when doing sports or when traveling on bicycles and motorcycles.
Also, one of the discoveries in the maintenance of oral health is probiotics. Probiotic is a term used for bacteria that are regarded as good bacteria. Their beneficial effects with regards to digestive health have been established. They play a significant role in supporting digestion, and they help the digestive system maintain itself against occasional discomfort such as constipation, bloating, and diarrhea. As a result of these beneficial effects, different probiotic supplements are now widely available to raise the population of probiotics.
Like the digestive system, the oral environment also has its community of bacteria. This community is also known to be a microbiome. When these bacteria are well balanced in your mouth, they play several major roles, including assisting in food breakdown in the mouth (an essential step in the digestion process) and also acting as part of body immune defenses.
Therefore, maintaining the microbiome’s balance within your oral cavity by using probiotic supplements is one of the good oral hygiene. The imbalance most times could be as a result of reasons below:
- Most mouthwashes, toothpaste, and oral rinses have antibacterial activity. This is what enables them to get rid of bacteria that are implicated in bad breath. However, as they remove the bad guys, they also remove the good bacteria, affecting the balance of the microbiome.
- Other factors such as age, stress, genetics, and poor diet could also distort the balance.
The Need for a Probiotic Supplement
To counter the effect of the above factors, you can use probiotic supplements that are made specifically for the oral environment to replenish good bacteria. Out of few available products, USANA Oral Probiotic has proven its effectiveness in maintaining oral health.
USANA Oral Probiotic is formulated as a lozenge with powerful probiotic strains. It contains three specific strains of bacteria that have been proven for their effectiveness. These bacteria work with each other to help support proper colonization of the oral cavity to offer adequate protection. They form a film that cannot be easily washed away on teeth and other oral tissues. So with this, they ensure the long-term preservation of your teeth and gum’s health.
In conclusion, to ensure you speak confidently and laugh profusely, embrace the habit of maintaining your oral health. USANA Oral Probiotic is one of the available means for the maintenance of your oral health.