Australia is an amazing country which provides an excellent standard of education for all. It also welcomes people from overseas to come and study in Australia on student visa subclass 500. Due to the high quality of education and its renowned educational institution, it receives a large flux of international students every year.
But, the high density of these international students and migrants have created a lot of population-related problems in the Australian metropolitan. To address these problems the Australian government is working on developing its regional areas. Many new projects have been started in regional areas of Australia to attract international students and skilled individual to regional Australia.
Moreover, many perks are also there for the people who choose regional Australia for their studies and career. In this article, we will talk about one of such perk and it is an extension in the span of TGV for international graduates from regional Australia.
What is a TGV?
A temporary graduate visa subclass 485 is a visa subclass that allows the recent international graduate from an Australian institution to come to Australia and study and work there. It is usually granted for 18 months to 4 years depending on the stream of subclass 485 you are applying for.
This visa subclass has two streams:
- Graduate workstream
- Post-study workstream
Extension in TGV for regional Australian international graduates
Like in many other visa subclasses, the people studying and working in regional Australia get additional advantages in TGV visa also. It was recently announced that the international students who have graduated from institutions in regional Australia and also have completed the first term of TVG in the regional area are eligible for an extension of 2-3 years in 2nd TGV visa. A law also came out to support this advantage.
There are special eligibility conditions that need to be fulfilled for a person to become eligible for this additional advantage.
How can one become eligible for an extension in TGV?
To be eligible to apply for the extension in TGV one must have to fulfill certain criteria. These criteria are given below:
- One must be graduated from an institution in regional Australia.
- Should have a valid temporary graduate visa subclass 485 to apply for the second TGV
- Must have maintained residency in the regional area of Australia throughout the period allocated by the visa (both work and study)
- Must fulfill all health and character requirement.
- If you want to apply for this visa or have some doubts to clear about this law or have any queries about TGV or any other Australian visa, Consult with our Australian Registered Migration Experts today!
All the important points about this extension
Here are some important points you need to know about TGV extension
- The main applicant must maintain his or her ongoing residency in a specific Australian regional visa. Studying or working outside this regional area will be considered as breaching the law.
- Also, the family of the resident that is the spouse or dependent child is expected to maintain the residency in that particular regional area.
- Applicants residing in areas that fall in category 1 will not be eligible for any extension
- The applicant residing in the regional areas falling in category 2 will be granted 1 additional year.
- Whereas the applicant residing in regional areas falling in category 3 will be granted the extension of 2 years.
- No English language condition is required for this extension
Length of extension granted and the factors that effect it
The length of the extension granted in TGV depends on 2 factors. These factors are
- The categorization Australian areas
- Applicant’s qualification
The categorization of Australian areas
The applicants residing in areas that fall in Category 1 will not be eligible for any extensions. The areas that lie under this category are:
The applicants residing in the areas they fall in category 2 will get the extension of 1 year in TGV. The areas that come under category 2 are:
- Gold Coast
- Wollongong/ Illawarra
- Sunshine Coast
- Newcastle/ Lake Macquarie
The applicants residing in the areas that fall in category 3 are eligible for 2 years of extension if they fulfil all other eligibility conditions. The areas that fall in category 3 are all the regions except the ones in category 1 and 2.
The time granted by TGV also depends on the qualification of the applicant. The period granted according to the applicant’s qualification is as follow
- Bachelor’s degree or Honors will get TGV for 2 years plus 1 extra year for the applicant residing in category 2 areas and 2 extra years for the applicant residing in category 3 areas
- Master’s degree by coursework will get TGV for 2 years plus 1 extra year for the applicant residing in category 2 areas and 2 extra years for the applicant residing in category 3 areas
- Master’s degree by research will get TGV for 3 years plus 1 extra year for the applicant residing in category 2 areas and 2 extra years for the applicant residing in category 3 areas
- Doctorate: 4 years will get TGV for 4 years plus 1 extra year for the applicant residing in category 2 areas and 2 extra years for the applicant residing in category 3 areas
This was all about the new law that gives various advantages and extension for the international graduate who has completed a degree from a regional Australian institute and is residing in that regional area on TGV. This can help greatly in the development of one’s career and can also help to gain enough experience in Australia which can assist one in his or her Australian PR process.
The post Extension in TGV! Good news for graduates from regional Australia appeared first on Evertise.