About the Institute
Indian Law Society’s Law College is a government-aided law college in Pune, India. It was established in 1924 and offers courses that include three-year and five-year degrees. ILS is located on Law College Road, Pune.
About the Cell
The Criminal Law Cell was established in the year 2015 to study contemporary issues and challenges in criminal law. The Cell conducts sessions on different aspects of criminal law along with recent criminal law issues to give a better understanding and updated knowledge to the students.
About the Webinar
ILS Criminal Law Cell presents a webinar on the topic “Revisiting Jurisprudence on Capital Punishment in India”. The webinar aims to get insights on different aspects of the death penalty such as philosophies behind it, constitutionality, ground realities, and discussion on both abolition and retention of the death penalty in India.
Date: Saturday, 11th July 2020
Time: 4:00 PM
About the Speakers
- Dr. Colin Gonsalves, Senior Advocate (Supreme Court of India) and Co-Founder at Human Rights Law Network (HRLN).
Mr. Amit K Desai, Senior Advocate (Bombay High Court).
- Ms. Shreya Rastogi, Member (Executive Steering Committee) and Head (Death Penalty Litigation team) at Project 39A, National Law University, Delhi.
- Mr. Aniket Ujjwal Nikam, Advocate (Bombay High Court).
- Moderated by: Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray, Assistant Professor (ILS Law College) and Research Guide (Savitribai Phule Pune University).
The webinar will be hosted primarily on Google Meet and will also be live-streamed on Youtube. Following are the links to join the webinar:
E-mail ID: criminallawcell[at]ilslaw.in.
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in
- Law Audience’s Webinar on How a First Generation Advocate Should Start Litigation Practice [July 12, 3-4 PM]
- Webinar on How to Draft a Civil Suit by FastForward Justice [July 8, 12 PM]
- Webinar on Animal Rights by Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University [July 10]
- eColloquium on The Limits of Democracy by Centre for Civil Society [Aug 2]
- Webinar on Professional Ethics by IMS, Noida [July 12, 11:00 AM & 2:30 PM]
- Webinar on Legal Issues and Challenges by Apeejay Stya University [July 12, 11 AM]
- CNLU’s Webinar on IP Rights for Innovative Entrepreneurs in MSME [July 11, 2-4 PM]
- Webinar on Resume Making & Career Aspects in Law by Youth Bar Association, Student Wing [July 14, 4:30-5:30 PM]
- Lawctopus Free Webinar on ‘Law Publishing in India: Where do We go from Here?’ [July 10, Friday, 5.30 pm-7 pm]