Many companies, from the small ones to the global giants, need to run events from time to time. Meetings, briefings, collective brainstorms, and conferences are all irreplaceable parts of modern daily office life. Nevertheless, after the whole world was slowed down by the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting such events turned out to be close to impossible. However, as it is still necessary, this creates a certain conundrum.
How do you solve this problem? The only obvious way out is to go online. However, such an option has its hurdles. How do you organize such a virtual event setup? How do you make sure all the attendees are active throughout the event? Let us take a closer look at that.
Major Challenges of Running Online Events
Naturally, the practice of holding company events online was already in use before the pandemic. For instance, employers that hired remote workers would not manage to get them all together to discuss the project except for arranging an online meeting. However, after the pandemic began, all businesses that wanted to stay afloat had to shift to working from home online. Even teaching has been moved to the Internet!
But if you think that organizing an online event setup is easy, you are far from being objective. It may seem that conducting meetings or conferences online is simpler than doing it in person, but in fact, the whole process requires the same actions and level of responsibility, if not more.
Here are the major challenges that employers face when the need to organize and carry out such an event arises:
- They need to promote the event effectively.
- They need to engage the attendees (which often includes creating a captivating online event landing page).
- Proving the success of the event is also necessary.
- Besides, it is mandatory to make sure that all who will be attending the event will be participating all the time.
- Virtual events need proper marketing, especially if they are not intra-organizational and their goal is to attract an audience that will become clients in the future. This is why targeted and efficient promotion is a must, otherwise, without it, attendance will be low.
- Content also matters − it is actually a key point of the whole thing. The sessions must be tailored to satisfy the audience and engage it, or, if we are talking about various business events, they must grab the attendees’ attention.
- It is necessary to keep the attendees engaged during the session, which is especially valuable during the corporate meetings or briefings.
Why Is Webinar the Most Popular Type of Online Event?
There are several types of online events that are popular these days. They include virtual conferences, webinars, internal hybrid events (for instance, company-wide ones, various trainings, or department meetings), and external events for those outside the organization.
Among all of them, webinars are the most widely and frequently used, and this is why:
- It is possible to run them either live or use a pre-recorded video.
- The attendees can participate, too, by communicating with the speaker (or speakers) directly via the Q&A chat form.
- The visitors need not undergo the registration procedure each time they want to enter the webinar room. Once you do it, you can enter all the upcoming webinars of the particular speaker after you log in.
- The speaker can broadcast alone or there can be several of them.
- And, moreover, the speaker broadcasts using video conference tools.
- Finally, webinars always have an absolute attendance rate.
All these features allow people to join such an event from any part of the world to get acquainted with the content presented.
How to Organize Online Company Events – Frequent Questions
Basically, the organization of an online event is pretty much the same as the in-person one. If you decide to host it, make sure you take care of all the key points:
- Decide on timing. The attendees won’t manage an event that lasts more than two hours.
- Will your event be paid or free? If paid, how will you charge the fee?
- Decide whether an event will be live, on-demand, or mixed. For on-demand events, decide how long it will be available after the event finishes.
- Choose the most convenient webinar platform that meets your needs and requirements of the event. For instance, Demio offers private chat options and automated replays of the webinar, and JetWebinar has the smallest lag when hosting the events with 10.000 attendees!
- Create a guide for your audience to explain how to join sessions, use messaging tools, etc.
- Think of possible connectivity issues and how you will solve them.
- Consider the tools the attendees will have for networking and scheduling appointments.
And, of course, make sure the content you will be providing will be visually attractive and interesting for the audience! Get the presentation slides ready, ensure that all the information is presented in a clear way on them, and prepare the script of your event.
It will not only make the whole arrangement way more structured, but it will also help you to feel more confident, especially if this is going to be your first broadcasting.
Also, if you are a webinar newbie, it is better to try and rehearse your speech several times before the event. You must be sure people can clearly understand what you are saying and that you don’t speak too fast. Also, you need to be confident so that nothing can distract or confuse you during the event.
So this is basically how webinars are arranged. With the current situation in the world, one can never be sure when life will return to its normal, so it is better to stay in the stream and develop your business in the virtual world. It gives endless opportunities for expanding and attracting new clients and audiences, so why not try?
The post The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Company Events in 2021 appeared first on Evertise.