“Bath Towel Goen” Is bath towel dress looks good? Is bathrobe really comfartable? – A great robe can help you stay warm, cover up, or make your morning routine a bit more pleasant. It’s a little something to splurge on, a small luxury. After spending 100 hours researching robes and wearing 39 of them in half a dozen different materials, we’ve picked nine that we love for their softness, style, comfort, and practicality. We think most people will be able to find a great match here.
We tested unisex robes and some that come only in women’s sizes, and we also brought in a few in both the men’s and women’s versions. Our picks include those made from slinky jersey knit, structured French terry, cool linen, breezy waffle knit, absorbent terry cloth, lightweight flannel, supersoft plush, and warm fleece (for adults and for kids). If you’re not sure which one will work for you, or if you’re buying a gift for someone else, we also discuss how to pick a robe. We focused on inclusive sizing and multiple color options wherever possible.
Why you should trust us
I’m Wirecutter’s bed and bath writer, and I’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and testing for many guides, including those for sheets, bath towels, flannel sheets, duvet covers, and clothing irons. I’ve been sewing and quilting for over a decade, and I’ve published several quilt patterns. I have an eye for great fabrics and solid construction, and I’m very familiar with the fabrics we tested here.
For this guide I talked to experts who could help us identify the best qualities for robes in a variety of materials. Bruce Cohen, president and owner of luxury robe wholesaler Boca Terry, told me about construction, warmth, and care. Angela Courtney, owner (and buyer) of Sweetest Sin Boutique in Red Bank, New Jersey (a store I’ve shopped in over the years), talked with me about how to test for fit and which details to look for (like inner ties or an attached belt). Courtney also stocks a few of the brands we researched.
How it feels: Cool and soft on the skin, like a luxe T-shirt.
Why it’s great: Natori’s Shangri-La Robe was our favorite lightweight robe, with its wide range of women’s sizes, punchy color options, and overall comfort. While the other jersey knit robe we tested clung uncomfortably, the Shangri-La skimmed the skin and felt light and slinky to wear. The fit was generous and flattering on our two testers, with in-seam pockets that don’t pucker on the hips and an inside tie to keep the slinky material closed. It’s a kimono-style, like the Macy’s waffle robe, with a collar that lays flat and leaves your neck and face free, but it’s light and thin—the thinnest of all of our robe picks. The collar style and three-quarter-length sleeves are perfect as a dressing gown—the sleeves are never in the way.
After five washes our test robe still looked like new. At least four of our staffers have owned a Shangri-La robe for a year or more, and all rave about them—one senior editor said, “It’s by far the nicest robe I’ve ever owned.” Another told us, “Even though I don’t usually go for jersey, its fabric feels expensive. Even after numerous washes.” And yet another staffer noted that she feels great in this robe without trying too hard: “You’re just making coffee and getting ready, but also happen to look chic.” We’ve heard from some readers who prefer an all-cotton robe for hot weather, and the Lands’ End Supima Cotton Long Robe is a fine alternative. But the Natori is a staff favorite with better sizes and years of proven reliability.
Flaws but not dealbreakers: The Shangri-La robe hugs curves and bulges a bit in comparison to the more structured Lunya robe, but for a jersey knit (which is often a challenge for curves) it still looked great on different body types during our testing. It shrank a tad more than the Lunya (3.85% compared with 2.85%), but this didn’t affect the wrap coverage or generous fit.
Material: 65% modal, 35% polyester
Colors: five solid colors
- 85% Polyester, 15% Polyamide
- Velcro closure
- Machine Wash
- âœ” SOFT & ABSORBENT: Made by premium fabric, healthy, extra soft and quickly water absorption. No matter cool or warm day, stay comfy, dry and cozy on all whole year. The zebra pattern adds a different sense to this towel dress
- âœ” SECURITY: Two adjustable straps & Strong velcro closure & Durable stretchy elastic band for an adjustable and comfortable fit. Strong wide & long velcro guarantee the wrap never slips or falls off, So you donâ€t have to worry about any accidental slips
- âœ” PRATICAL: This bath towel robe designed with ONE pockets, convenient to hold phone, makeup and other belongings. The wrap matching with FACIAL HEADBAND, which can hold your hair back or stop liquid from dripping into eyes
- âœ” OCCASIONS: The body wrap is great for bath, shower, spa. Suitable for bathrooms, gym, dorm, pool, sauna, beach, travel and other lounging time. Prefect gift for friend or family you love
- âœ” GARMENT CARE: Easy to care, machine washable, tumble dry with low heat and no iron. PLS take your measurements and consult our size chart (Not Amazon’s) to choose which size will fit you best. Tip: Compared with the bath wrap which has non-adjustable straps, this style has only one pocket.
Why wait until your next visit to that luxury resort for a plush bath robe? This 100% cotton, zero twist bath robe from Charisma can make every day seem like a spa day. Zero twist yarns provide a smoother face on the yarn which translates to a softer feel when next to your skin. The lower twist also helps with moisture absorption to keep you comfortable. This robe is unisex, and the weight is perfect for all year wear. Face and back is terry cloth with 100% cotton, zero twist yarns for added comfort. This item is machine washable; however, care should be taken to use appropriate sized machinery so as not to unduly wear the item. Includes: one large/extra large bath robe.