Automotive Solar Sunroof Market: Introduction
- Increase in production of plugged-in and electric vehicles cross the globe and demand for premium features in cars is anticipated to boost automotive solar sunroof market during the forecast period.
- Automotive solar sunroof, which comes in all the forms such as pop-up, in-built, tile and slide, and top mount, is mounted on the top of the vehicle roof. Solar sunroofs are made from glass, which has inlaid photo voltaic solar cells in the glass. Therefore, the solar sunroof is totally opaque due to these cells. The solar sunroof produces electricity, which is further used to recharge the battery of a vehicle. Other functions of solar sunroof is that it cools the vehicle interior when it is hot, and warms it up when the interior is cold.
Key Drivers of Automotive Solar Sunroof Market
- Rising demand for all types of electric vehicles in developed and developing countries boosts the global automotive solar sunroof market. Electric vehicles are less risky as compared to conventional or IC engine vehicles, as they do not require any fuel for mobility; everything in the vehicle is powered by batteries. Moreover, growing investment by several EV manufacturers in the design of innovative and energy-efficient vehicles is driving the production of electric vehicles. Furthermore, EVs offers zero level of emission and are considered as a viable solution over conventional mobility. Most electric vehicles have sunroofs, which are either solar or others, while solar sunroofs are highly beneficial for electric vehicles, as they produce electricity for EV batteries. Therefore, rising EV production boosts the adoption of automotive solar sunroofs.
- Several government rules and regulations support the production of electric vehicles. Governments across the globe are also providing incentives and offering tax reliefs to boost EV manufacturing processes. Hence, rising stringency of emission laws globally propel the manufacturing of electric vehicles, which in turn further drives the demand for solar sunroofs.
Grab an Exclusive PDF Sample of this Report @
Challenges in Automotive Solar Sunroof Market
- The installation of solar sunroof is expensive, as the manufacturing cost of solar cells is considerably high. On the other hand, these solar panels or sunroofs also requires periodic maintenance. Therefore, high cost associated with installation and maintenance hampers the automotive solar sunroof market. Moreover, overcharging of electric vehicle batteries cause severe issues such as rusting of power grid or spoilage of battery material, which further declines vehicle efficiency and performance.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to the shutdown of vehicle manufacturing processes, which hindered sales of electric vehicles and restrained the demand for solar sunroof. Moreover, national and international boarders where closed, which disrupted the global supply chains and resulted in a shortage of raw materials that are required for production of sunroof.
Get More Press Releases by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/remote-operated-vehicle-rov-market-to-expand-at-a-cagr-of-3-11-during-forecast-period-opines-tmr-301396817.html
Opportunities in Automotive Solar Sunroof Market
- Rising number of collaboration, partnerships, and alliances with government and public authorities by several electric vehicle manufacturers is anticipated to propel the solar sunroof market during the forecast period. Furthermore, manufacturers or assemblers or importers of electric vehicle manufacturers use domestic EV parts. Manufacturers of electric vehicles emphasize on safety and comfort of consumers and hence, advanced interior and safety solutions are installed in an EV, which further boost the automotive solar sunroof market.
- Developing countries witnessed a rising trend of using automotive sunroof in vehicles, which in turn is boosting the aftermarket segment. This demand encourages the consumers to install the solar sunroof in their existing electric vehicles, which in turn is projected to further augment the market in the near future.
Automotive Solar Sunroof Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- Popularity of electric vehicles is increasing in Asia Pacific and across the globe, owing to an increase in deployment of EV charging infrastructure, decline in production costs of EVs, and a rise in government incentives for production of EVs. Governments in Asia Pacific have initiative several plans, including national electric mobility mission 2020 and alternate fuel for surface transportation program, which further enhance consumer awareness regarding electric vehicles. Moreover, original equipment manufacturers in Asia Pacific are gradually investing in electric vehicles and their component manufacturing, which further propels the automotive solar sunroof market. Furthermore, China has witnessed the production of around 1.6 million units of electric vehicles in 2020, which is the highest among any country across the globe. Hence, such increase in manufacturing of EVs boosts the global solar sunroof market.
Pre Book now our premium research report @
Key Players Operating in Automotive Solar Sunroof Market
The automotive solar sunroof market is moderately consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive solar sunroof market are:
- Hyundai Motor Group
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Webasto SE
- Sono Motors
- a2-solar Advanced and Automotive Solar Systems GmbH
- Inalfa Roof Systems Group
- Yachiyo Industry Co., Ltd.
- Inteva Products, LLC.
- SunRoof Solar
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyse information. Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the unified market intelligence engine. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
The post Automotive Solar Sunroof Market To See Strong Growth And Business Scope From 2021-2031 appeared first on 360PRWire.